(Effective as of October 19, 2016)
Reference to “we” or “us” the owner of the Site including any company it controls or which controls it (for example a parent company of the Site owner or a subsidiary of the Site owner) and its members, directors, officers, employees and agents.
Collection of Data
Our site uses technologies of third-party partners such as NextRoll to help us recognize your device and understand how you use our site(s) so that we can improve our services to reflect your interests and serve you advertisements about the services that are likely to be of more interest to you. Specifically, NextRoll collect information about your activity on our site(s) to enable us to:
- measure and analyse traffic and browsing activity on our site(s);
- show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party sites;
Cross-Device We may share data, such as hashed email derived from emails or other online identifiers collected on our site(s) with our advertising partners]. This allows our partners to recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers. To read more about the technologies used by our partner and their cross device capabilities please refer to NextRoll’s Privacy Notice.
Our partners such as NextRoll may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason you can use the following third party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising
- The NAI’s opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA’s opt-out platform: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA’s opt-out platform: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
Information About You
The following is a more detailed explanation of these types of information as well as when and how we collect and use them.
As noted we collect personal information identifying you when you submit a Contact Form to the Site. Additionally if you submit an inquiry or comment to the site we collect personal information so we can respond appropriately to you.
Use of Your Personal and Non-Personal Information
We use all the information we have to help create and improve the Site for users. For example:
- Information we have is used to improve safety and security for you and your content on your Site, including for violation of our terms and policies.
- We use information about you for statistical, design or operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size, to measure aggregate traffic patterns and/or to and understand demographics, customer interest, consumer insights, purchasing and other trends among our users and customers.
- We conduct research about our Site, including new features, in surveys, and other testing to collect feedback for improving our Site.
- We also use your personal information for the marketing and/or promotion of us, the Site, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, including their products and services.
- Additionally, as noted, we use your information, to respond to your customer service inquiries.
- Other sites or services may receive information about you and your content if you use our Site on any third-party apps, websites, or other services.
- We may outsource all of these tasks to third parties on a confidential basis. If you do not want to receive promotional email or other materials from us or the third parties we have engaged, please unsubscribe when you receive an email or send your opt-out request to email@example.com.
Disclosures to Comply with Legal Requirements
We may disclose personal information:
- to conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on us (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order);
- to enforce or apply our policies or agreements (including to initiate, render, bill and collect for amounts owed to us);
- to protect and defend our or our users’ rights or property, the Site, our employees, users or the public, including fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of our Site; or
- if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Information collected through our Site is considered a trade secret owned by us. As the owner of such information, we may disclose or sell such information as an asset of the company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of our company or a portion of our assets.
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our Site whenever you visit our Site (See “Information About You” above). For instance, we may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our Site (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when you request pages on our Site, our servers automatically log your IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet.
We also use third-party software that tracks traffic directed to the Site from affiliate Sites and the purchases that result from this traffic. This information is aggregated and is not tied to an individual purchase.
This aggregate information generally will not identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all aggregate information provided that such information does not reveal your identity. When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you. If we do correlate any aggregate information to you, such information will be treated like any other personal information under this statement.
Managing Tracking Tools
Links to Other Sites
Please be aware that we may provide links to third-party web sites or our promotional partners’ sites as a service to our users, and that we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those pages. Please note that these web sites’ privacy policies may differ from ours. We encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information.
Our Site is intended for a general audience. However, it is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of 18. To respect the privacy of children and to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Site. We ask that parents supervise their children while online.
We are committed to safeguarding and securing your personal information. To maintain data accuracy, prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of, and ensure the appropriate use of your personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures. Such procedures represent our best efforts to maintain security and we work continuously to enhance security.
We will not use or share your personal information in ways unrelated to the uses described above without first notifying you and offering a choice. We will also provide you the opportunity to opt-out at any time of certain or all contact from us. You may also choose to change information associated on the Contact Form by calling us at 973-536-0700. As noted above, we may use your e-mail address and other contact information provided to us through the Site to send notifications to you. If you do not want to receive such notifications you can remove yourself from our notification e-mail list at any time by calling us at 973-536-0700 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any difficulty with opting out, please mail your request to:
KMK Consulting Inc.
23 Headquarters Plaza, North Tower, 7th Floor
Morristown, NJ 07960
Notwithstanding any preference that you select, we may contact you from time to time to provide services that you have requested or for customer service matters, such as responding to service-related inquiries, updating our policies or notifying you of changes to existing services.
As a California resident you have the legal right to request from businesses with whom you have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as your name, address, email address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please mail your written request to:
KMK Consulting Inc.
Att: Customer Service/California Disclosure Information
23 Headquarters Plaza, North Tower, 7th Floor
Morristown, NJ 07960